domingo, 24 de janeiro de 2016

Cooler Master Octane Keyboard MOD

About a year ago I got this keyboard, it's pretty nice but I was limited to 7 colors and a mode where it would slowly change between colors.

So I got it open and guess what, the LED strip just connects to the pcb, just unplug it and tried to connect it to my arduino.

The connector on the right is the one that plugs in to the RGB Strip:
Black - +5V
Red - GND for Red LED
Green - GND for Green LED
Blue - GND for Blue LED

While I had my keyboard open I also removed the plastic covers on the sides so the light could shine from the sides and the cable could come out too.




More interior images here: http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/forum/threads/review-teclado-cm-storm-octane.549264/

Here are the schematics, the LEDs are only there to simbolize where you would plug the wires in.







Just use a NPN transistor, I used a BC547, and a 330ohm resistor between the transistor and the Arduino pins.

The arduino code is this one:

Processing test code, you can use this to test the communication between your arduino and pc:

And heres a java program, I slightly modified it to work with this sketch:




Just dont forget to change the pin numbers :)

Here's a video of the first test: 






Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário